- Lining for your bag that you want a pocket on
- Fabric for pocket (2 pieces)
- Ruler & Marker
1. Place one of the pocket pieces GOOD SIDE DOWN on top of the lining where you want the pocket to go and pin it in place. Draw a rectangle for the zipper opening and draw arrowheads on the ends and a line through the centre.
(In this case my zipper is 7″ so my rectangle is 7&1/4″ long x 1/2″ high)
2. Sew around the outside of the rectangle.
3. Cut the arrows and the line with scissors.
4. Pull the pocket piece through the hole you just cut and press it nice and flat with an iron. You now have a rectangle opening ready for your zipper!
5. Position your zipper, I like to pin the living heck out of it.
6. Sew the zipper into place, if you remember to use the zipper foot here then it will be a bit easier to get around the zipper pull (I did not remember)
Try to keep your stitching very close to the edge and go ssssllllllllooooooowwwwwwwww.
7. Now all you have to do is sew the back of the pocket on. Pin the 2 pocket pieces and sew them together, remember you just want to sew the 2 pocket pieces, don’t sew through the lining too.
And you’re done!